The Core Library Management System
KnowAll Matrix is a fully integrated library system. Find out what’s included in your core annual Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription for KnowAll Matrix:
Everything you do in your library management system starts with a catalogue record whether you’re creating metadata for hard copy or digital resources.
Our library management system helps you manage print and electronic sources. It comes with standard fields already set-up. But if these aren’t quite right you can change the field names and create new custom fields. So, you can really get your system exactly how you want it.
Our AutoCat function helps you quickly add catalogue records to your library management system. It automatically downloads bibliographic records and images for you from Google Books, the COPAC libraries and specialist sources.
Downloading images means your users can easily recognise books and documents and immediately understand what type of media they are looking at.
- Cataloguing – allows you to record bibliographic details for all types of information: books, e-books, pamphlets, documents, spreadsheets, journals, e-journals, encyclopedia, law reports, web sites etc.
- Templates – choose between the multi-purpose screen or templates. Create and edit your templates.
- Media – setup your own authority list of Media formats for the lookup list.
- Classification – store Classification headings and/or notations for your lookup list.
- Publishers – create your own authority list of Publishers for the lookup list.
- Subject Indexing – assign as many appropriate subjects or keywords from your Taxonomy as you wish to titles.
- Document Links – link library titles to documents in your knowledge management collection.
- Hyperlinks – to e-books, web sites, web documents, e-journals etc.
- Full Text Searching – available for text and large text fields
- Copies and Holdings – keep track of individual copies and their holdings.
- Fully integrated with the other Modules.
- Labels – produce spine labels and book labels.
- Catalogue Reports – generator so you can easily run off reports.
- Supplier Address Book – allows you to keep details of multiple addresses, account numbers, contacts’ phone, fax, email etc. and hyperlinks to their web sites.
- And more – if you can’t see what you’re looking for contact us
Web OPAC for library users
Web based Online Public Access Catalogue (web OPAC).
We understand how important it is to offer an appropriate interface to your library management system so your library users can easily discover resources available to them no matter where they are.
- Switch off features you don’t want to use.
- Re-label fields.
- Re-order fields.
- Decide which fields you want to show to users.
- Control which fields are searched.
You’re in full control!
Our web OPAC is suitable for private catalogues for schools, NHS, colleges, government departments, businesses, law firms and workplace libraries or for publicly facing catalogues.
You decide how openly available your catalogue is or whether it is securely restricted. You could be a lending library or a reference only library.
Everything from no logging into fully extensive password policies and IP blocking features are available.
- Browser based interface – simple to use.
- Simple search – with automatic truncation.
- Advanced search – with phrase searching or Boolean logic.
- Relevancy ranking and other sorting options.
- Narrow search results by media, e.g. book, journal, CD, website, document.
- Narrow search results by office, branch or campus.
- Narrow search results by subject.
- Narrow search results by author.
- Select items for printing or exporting to citators.
Other search and browse features not listed here.
If users log in to your library management system, they will have access to their own account features:
- My Account.
- My saved searches.
- My favourites / book marks.
- My current loans.
- Self-renewals and returns.
- My reservations.
- My loans history.
- My alerts.
- My reviews.
- Select items to print or export to citators.
- My details.
All the above features are optional – you decide whether you want to offer them to users.
Other web OPAC not listed above includes:
- Images of the front cover or media icon.
- Hyperlinks to documents and web resources.
- User reviews.
- Automated emails to users about new titles.
- Check-out / Check-in pages for self-loans.
- ‘Ask me’ link to library staff.
- Library info page.
- New titles list.
We are adding new functions all the time – if you don’t see what you want please contact us.
- We take care of keeping your users’ data private across your integrated library system so you don’t have to worry about it.
We get you started by helping you import your users from Windows Active Directory or other central user registry into KnowAll Matrix library management system.
As users come and go or change their details, KnowAll Matrix library management system has the integration tools to automate this or help you maintain users efficiently and painlessly.
Installation and Set-up
- You don’t need to worry about a thing. Our expert software engineers will install your software on our hosted platform or remotely on your servers for you.
One of our application engineers will carry out your initial library software installation on the hosted platform and then give you access details. There is no need to involve you or your IT staff while we do this for you.
The installation is included in your annual subscription price.
Bailey Solutions will add your logo to your site and apply your colours as part of the set-up.
If you want to change this later on you can either do it yourself via the Configuration Settings or ask us to do it for a small extra charge agreed with you in advance.
Fully maintained for you
We perform nightly back-ups of all your data in your library management system. Backups are encrypted in transit and at rest off-site.
When we host your system, there is nothing for your IT to do in terms of back-up or maintenance of your library management system.
Bailey Solutions will apply new versions on your system as soon as they are available. This keeps you up to date with fixes, improvements and new features and functions.
When we host your system, there is nothing for your IT to do.
Some library system vendors charge for new versions. You’ll find that we’re different. New versions are included in your annual subscription and include:
- Fixes for errors – issued as patches if they are urgent.
- Improvements based on feedback from our clients.
- New features and functions suggested by our clients.
Help and Support
Our support engineers are ready Monday to Friday during office hours (9.00 am to 5.00 pm) to answer your questions by email or phone. We use Enquire to keep track of your questions and make sure we get back to you promptly.
You can get answers to your questions at any time of the day by searching our dedicated KnowAll Matrix Help Centre.
Each help topic has fully illustrated manual style content and an optional video.
You can also leave comments to help us improve the content.
Our clients rarely leave us for another system. It’s because we listen and respond to your questions and take on board your feedback.
Optional Library Management System Modules
Add these modules to your core library management system if you need them.
Access and Loans (Circulation) Module
In the digital era our Access and Loans module replaces the traditional Circulation module. The module uses roles and permissions that you assign to your users so you control:
- Who sees which library and information resources in the web OPAC.
- Who can borrow print resources – by media type or controlled by other attributes like department or location.
- Who can access electronic resources – to comply with your licence terms.
You control access to electronic resources as you wish by:
- Geographical location.
- Type of user.
- Other attributes.
- Individual titles.
Depending on your licence terms for each electronic resource.
The circulation controls that you’d expect in a traditional library management system and setting up of lending policies are all here too:
- Loans – record loan of items to borrowers.
- Returns – record return of items to the library.
- Reservations – record reservations.
- Over dues – print or email overdue notices.
- Fines – default setup, can be ignored if not required.
- Management Information – reports and statistics.
- Choice of Traditional Controlled system OR Open Self-Loan system OR Hybrid system.
An important part of demonstrating use of your library is the ability to produce hard facts and figures about how your library is being used. KnowAll Matrix library management system provides ready at a glance statistics about access and lending activity. There are also easy to use pre-configured reports ready to view, print or email to colleagues.
Finance and Acquisitions Module
- Orders – record orders for new books and serials.
- Receipts – record goods received in bulk or one at a time.
- Invoices – record invoices and credit notes.
- Handles combined deal invoices.
- You can print a report of items on order with a cost total.
- You can print a report of items overdue, so you always know what is outstanding.
- Chase suppliers for missing items.
- Match your suppliers’ statements to your invoices so you can verify receipt and payment of invoices in minutes.
- Year end – cancel or roll-over outstanding orders.
Use our Finance Report Generator to run off pre-configured expenditure reports in an instant. Saves time and allows you to review expenditure whenever you want.
- Weekly reports.
- Monthly reports.
- Quarterly reports.
- Financial year reports.
- Variance with budget.
- Actual and committed.
Based on the date parameter you choose:
- Order date.
- Invoice date.
- Date received.
- Easy budget allocation, including splitting costs.
- Flexible – you determine categories for breaking down expenditure.
- Estimating tool to help with forecasting.
- Run off pre-configured budget reports and forecasts.
Other features not listed above include:
- Fully auditable to comply with regulations.
- All finance is linked to each Copy.
- Integrates with the Catalogue Module – no need to re-key the title – easily move back and forward from title to finance records.
- Integrates with the Serials module to record invoices for subscriptions, serials and other recurring expenditure.
Serials Management Module
The important thing to realise about our serials module is that it’s flexible and it works. It’s quite forgiving if you need to change a pattern.
- Subscription wizard – step by step wizard to help you set up new subscriptions.
- Renewals – instant renewals with a one-step procedure.
- Forthcoming issues predicted.
- Review subscriptions easily.
- Handles for services with different frequencies, e.g. monthly issues, quarterly bulletins and annual indexes.
- Suitable for complex legal serials.
- Quickly record receipt of subscription parts, journal issues and loose-leaf updates – they are all ready to check-in with a single tick.
- Add in extra supplements or ignore an issue.
- Claim late or missing issues from your suppliers.
- Easy to review circulated copies and add new users to the appropriate copy.
- Easy to manage circulation lists for each copy.
- Print labels or circulation slips for received issues.
- Contents pages functions.
- Email the list of users.
- Automatic removal of users who have left.
- Transfer routing list from one user to another.
Not an exhaustive list so if you can’t see what you want please ask.
Inter-Library Loans Module
- Improve efficiency for inter-library loans processes.
- Keep track of borrowing from multiple libraries.
- Systematic recall.
- Reduce fines for overdue returns.
- Automated system cuts down on paperwork.
- Analyse frequent requests to consider purchasing the item.
- The ability to transfer details to main catalogue cuts down on duplication
- Uses up-to-date technology to communicate with users.
- Set-up multiple lending libraries
- Enter library codes, loan periods, account numbers, passwords, etc.
In KnowAll Matrix the Inter-Library Loans module is integrated with the Loans or Circulation Module. This truly is an integrated library system!
- Loan items to borrower.
- Return items and check overdue loans.
- Borrower and lending library reports.
- Overdue reports and automatic email reminders.
- Add, edit and delete requests for loans and photocopies.
- Track request progress.
- Send requests using email or print reports for fax and post.
- British Library ARTEmail format supported.
- Transfer item details to main catalogue.
- Print copyright declaration forms.
- Library costs and charges to borrowers.
Optional Services for your library management system
Data Conversion Services to get you off to a great start with your library management system
Bailey Solutions can help you with the migration of data from your old library management system. We can handle data from other library management software packages as well as structured formats likeAccess databases, Excel spreadsheets, MARC 21 and XML. This can save you many hours re-keying data and gets you up and running fast.
Quote and feasibility report
- You send a sample file or files of your data.
- We respond with a feasibility report.
- We send you a maximum price quote with no obligation.
- You send us your data .
- You carry on working in your old system.
- We compile a data dictionary: matching every field in your old system to a field in KnowAll Matrix.
- We write your data conversion program and run it over your data.
- We carry out quality control checks.
- We deliver your data in your KnowAll Matrix system.
- You review and report back any thing you need changed.
- This phase happens as quickly as possible.
- Immediately prior to the agreed delivery date you send us your live data and we run your individual library data conversion program.
- We give you access.
- You are now up and running with your live data in your KnowAll Matrix library management system.
If you purchase data conversion services we will help with project management. Using Teamworks, we set up a project with a pilot conversion and then a live conversion phase.
We have experience of helping over 500 clients transfer from their old system to one of ours. You will benefit from our tried and trusted processes and clear project management.
These prices are for guidance only. Your data will be assessed and we will provide a maximum price quote for your consideration before any work takes place.
- Catalogue: £685
- Additional modules: £685 per module
Prices shown do not include VAT (local taxes).
Training and Consultancy Services for your library management software
While we’re told our library management software is intuitive but we also have a range of training and consultancy services to get you off to a great start. After all you don’t know what you don’t know!
Ask us for training or consultancy at your premises in order to benefit from face to face interaction and hands-on practice.
We have standard training courses to cover the basics in each module you have purchased or bespoke training and consultancy days designed to meet your specific requirements.
Great for top ups or to help you with trouble shooting, our online sessions are an hour long. All you need is an internet connected computer and an audio connection by phone or using your computer microphone.
This is an inexpensive option. Sessions can be arranged at short notice.
Online session – £80 per hour (60 minutes)
On-site training – £685 per day (7 hours) plus reasonable travel expenses incurred.
Prices shown do not include VAT (local taxes).
We won’t sell you stuff you don’t need – we ask you what you require first.
Genuine no obligation trial – no credit card needed
To keep your software future proofed
Free patches and upgrades for subscribers
User friendly software without the need for complex or expensive training
Quick response times
To keep your data secure and GDPR compliant